November 7th, 2019,
Are you doing everything you can to look after your eyesight?
Eye exams are key to making sure that all your eye health needs are being met.
Regular eye exams by an optometrist can help catch any vision or eye health issues before they become serious, leading to vision loss or other health problems.
Areas your eye care specialist will check:
- History: any eye or vision problems you may currently have to have had in the past
- Visual Acuity: specific measurements with reading charts to evaluate how clearly each eye is seeing
- Physiological tests: evaluations of depth perception, color vision, eye muscle movements, peripheral or side vision, and the way your pupils respond to light, assessment how well your eyes focus, move and work together
- Keratometry: measures the curvature of the cornea by focusing a circle of light on the cornea and measuring its reflection
- Refraction: determines the lens power you need to compensate for any refractive error (nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism)
Eye examinations are also an important way to make sure that you have normal, healthy vision so you can perform your best at school, work or play!
Start seeing the world as best as you could, book an eye exam with one of our eye care professionals. Find a location near you: https://www.eyestar.ca/Optometrists